Thanks to generous support from our donors and partners, Feeding Texas and the statewide network of food banks were able to feed hundreds of thousands of Texans during Winter Storm Uri.
Over 56 MILLION MEALS were distributed in response to the winter storm via the Feeding Texas network! That’s a 25% increase during the weeks following the storm.
Impact + Response
Winter Storm Uri left close to 4.5 million homes and businesses without power, took the lives of more than 100 people, and cost an estimated $295 billion in damage. Millions of Texans lost so much – electricity, heat, and access to clean drinking water.
Emergency Funds Allowed the Feeding Texas Network to:
- Purchase ready to eat food and clean drinking water to distribute to warming centers and shelters
- Replace food lost during the storm and power outages
- Allow food banks to respond to disruptions in the supply chain and purchase food quickly
- Purchase healthy produce in shorter supply due to crop losses
- Buy and distribute hundreds of thousands of gallons of clean water
- Make repairs to food banks
As the economy slowly rebounds, millions of Texans struggle to rebuild their lives. Winter Storm Uri has exacerbated the depth of need and economic uncertainty faced by so many Texans. We are grateful for your continued support as we help our neighbors in need. Together, we are Feeding Texas.